Seniors Drop-in Programs
Drop-in Fitness Class Schedule
- Low Intensity
- Moderate Intensity
- High Intensity
- Older Adult Class
PLEASE NOTE: Drop-in Fitness classes are cancelled on Statutory holidays
Cardio and Strength
Pump it up for a total body workout with low impact cardio moves followed by a functional strength routine.
Dance and Tone
Shake, sway and shimmy to popular dance music followed by resistance training for an overall body shape up.
Increase confidence, improved balance, core stability and strength with a well-balanced, low intensity workout.
Improve range of motion, balance and strength with cardio and flexibility exercises in this gentle fit class.
Total Body Conditioning
Work with a variety of resistance equipment for a head- to-toe strength and endurance routine.
Lengthen, breathe and relieve stress while balancing the body with gentle yoga poses.
Drop-in Fitness Classes
Be motivated and have fun in a group-based class led by an inspiring instructor with upbeat music. Exercise options are provided for different fitness levels.
Minoru Centre for Active Living will offer Aquafit, Group Fitness and Yoga drop-in classes for ages
13+ years. Older Adult classes are designed for people ages 55+ years.
A select schedule of drop-in Group Fitness and Yoga classes will be offered upon opening of the Seniors Centre and Events Centre at Minoru Centre for Active Living on Monday, March 11.
For the safety and enjoyment of all, the number of participants is capped. Classes are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Please check in at the front desk to purchase your admission and pick up your drop-in fitness class wristband. Wristbands are available 30 minutes before the class start time.
A full seasonal schedule with many more classes will be offered upon opening of the Aquatics and Fitness areas at a later date. Drop-in fitness classes are included with Minoru Centre for Active Living facility admission.
Drop-in Fitness Class Etiquette
- To keep your workouts fun and safe for all, follow these guidelines.
- Be respectful to all staff and fellow participants. This is a group workout in a community space.
- Arrive on time to class. Latecomers are not permitted after 5 minutes.
- Use lockers for personal belongings and store all equipment in a safe area to the side.
- Be sure to participate in the warm up, cool down and stretch to help prevent injury. Each component of the class is equally important.
- Listen to your body and work at your own pace. Ask for help if needed.
- Keep hydrated! Drink water before, during and after the class.
If you are new to the class, arrive early and introduce yourself to the instructor. Review the PAR-Q+ form annually to ensure you are ready to begin exercise.
(upon opening of Seniors Centre)
(upon opening of the Aquatics and Fitness areas)
|Youth (13–18 yrs.)||$4.35||$5.65|
|Adult (19–54 yrs.)||$5.85||$7.00|
(55 yrs. & over)
|Youth 10 visit card||$34.80||$45.20|
|Adult 10 visit card||$46.80||$56.00|
|Senior 10 visit card||$34.80||$45.20|
Fitness Promo – 10 Visit Cards
Available for purchase until the opening of the
Minoru Centre for Active Living Fitness and Aquatic
areas. Any remaining visits can be utilized as Minoru
Centre for Active Living facility admission.
Visit Cards Terms and Conditions
- The card must be presented to staff at each visit.
- The card is for the exclusive use of the card
holder only (it is not transferable).
- Sharing visits is allowed, but the card holder must
- Classes are subject to cancellation and/or change.
- A refund will only be considered if a permanent
disability occurs, or if a client moves outside of
the Richmond area. Proof may be required.
For program registration:
Online 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at www.richmond.ca/register
By phone by calling the Registration Call Centre at 604-276-4300, Monday to Friday, 8:30 am to 5:30 pm
In person at recreation and cultural facilities. Note: debit, cheque and cash are also accepted when registering in person