Hours of Operation for the Fitness Centre at Minoru Centre for Active Living:
Monday to Saturday: 6:00am to 11:00pm
Sunday and Statutory Holidays: 7:00am to 10:00pm
*Hours subject to change.
Visit our bright and spacious 8,500 sq. ft. fitness centre with expansive views overlooking the Minoru track.
Fitness Centre Equipment
- Treadmills, ellipticals, cross-trainers
- Upright, recumbent and spin bikes
- Rowing machines
- Arm ergometer
- Jacob’s Ladder
- 6 station exercise circuit
- 2 squat racks
- Dumbbells, kettlebells, plates
- Total body press
- Freemotion dual cable cross
- Synrgy360 customized functional trainer
- Customized Queenax bridge unit
- 9 suspension training stations
- Exercise balls, sandbags, balance boards and more
- Stretching frame
- Elevated stretch platforms
- Mats, bands, foam rollers and more
Youth 13-17 year olds are encouraged and welcome to use City of Richmond recreation fitness facilities with the following requirements:
- Submission of a completed and signed Parental Consent Form and PAR-Q+ form.
- Completion of a Fitness Orientation*
*Those 13 to 15 years are required to take this session regardless of previous weight training experience. A session is not required for youth 16 to 17 years with previous weight training experience, if noted on the signed Parental Consent Form. However, a meeting with a Fitness Attendant to read and sign a Fitness Centre Etiquette Form is mandatory. Sessions are free with admission and can be booked at any fitness facility.
Note: Parental Consent Forms and Youth Orientations only need to be completed once and are transferrable to all City of Richmond recreation fitness centres
We provide complimentary Fitness Orientations with facility admission. A certified Fitness Attendant will introduce you to the Fitness Centre, provide a basic fitness program, and show you how to use key pieces of fitness equipment safely and with proper form. You will leave the orientation ready to start your workout on your own!
Fitness Orientations are recommended for all new patrons and anyone who is new to a fitness centre environment. Fitness Orientations are mandatory for youth ages 13-15 years and youth ages 16-17 years with no weight training experience.
Registration is required. Please book your Fitness Orientation appointment in advance: 604-233-6225
Fitness Centre Etiquette
In order to ensure a safe, enjoyable workout for all, please:
- Be courteous and respectful towards fellow patrons, staff and equipment
- Refrain from video and photo taking, unless authorized
- Wear appropriate athletic attire and closed-toed shoes
- Refrain from the use of perfumes, colognes and other scented products
- Respect the limit for cardio machines when others are waiting
- Share strength equipment and allow other users to “work in” between your sets
- Maintain a safe workout environment and return all equipment to its proper place
- Sanitize equipment after use
- Minimize personal noise as this is a share space
- Leave vailuables at home or use lockers provided at your own risk.
Thank you for following directions from staff, and reporting any concerns. Complete guidelines are available upon reqest.